Sunday, October 10, 2010

apple picking on a family farm, Fall in NYC


My family and I went 2 1/2 hours up the grand state of New York, past gorgeous mountains, beautiful rustic colored leaves, through the fresh air and nature to arrive at the cutest farm Ive ever seen in my life.


My mom, her fiance, my fiance and myself went apple picking. The apples were so delicious, we were eating them as we were picking them. After taking a tractor ride into the harvesting area, we moved on to the vegetables. we picked eggplants, tomatoes (although they were just ending their season), and of course, pumpkins.


Theres something so beautiful and so refreshing about picking your own veggies and fruits for consumption. I did it in Spain, and I had the same feeling. Its nice to connect to the earth. My fiance and I actually took our shoes off and picked bare foot so that we can further connect and really live the experience!


On the way out, while we were browsing the farms bakery, I started talking to the owner, and she asked me if I wanted to stay there with her and her family, they told me they can sure use my help in the fields. I would have jumped at the opportunity, but I wouldnt have had any way to get home the next day. I think Ill follow up with an email pretty soon to see if I can volunteer for a weekend. I would absolutely love to have that opportunity and learn from this family!


Below are some pictures of us picking, on the tractor, in the trees, and just being human with our environment.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You think we have that in Southern California? Nope. Palm trees don't turn ochre. We can't pick apples either... man I love New York. Talk about a lovely afternoon!