Friday, November 5, 2010

preparing to celebrate our life-long commitment

Okay, so tomorrow is our engagement party. I'm so excited! I have a one o'clock appointment to get my nails and hair done (which I never do, I usually do them myself). Then I'm meeting my maid of honor, my fiance, and his best man at my house to put together the Save-the-Date cards and little gifts that I bought for the guests. Then we're going to speed into the city and meet my family at the venue and welcome all our guests to celebrate with us!

What we have planned:
  • A chic party at a trendy NYC hot-spot with our closest friends and family members.
  • appetizers, fondue (which I'm super excited about), and cocktails
  • A cupcake and champagne toast
After that, anyone who is up for it will dance the night away with us!

What a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of our commitment to spend the rest of our lives together! We are so happy and so blessed and so fortunate to be on the same page in life and to make all the right moves. We are lovingly and happily gliding through the steps that truly make both of our souls happy.

Tonight we are having a private engagement party. My fiance is going to surprise me with a fabulous evening. Can't wait.

Wedding plans are in FULL EFFECT! woot-woot!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold on!! I know that picture! I took it! When Alejan (my new name for him) first (or second or third or fourth) proposed to you! En Malaga! Love mama love. That's what it was and is.

Wish I was near you.

Anonymous said...

Wedding plans for life beautiful... if only I could be there. Wish I could more than anything in the world. BUUUuuut!!!! Dont worry, Ill always find a way to make NY (even when its committed) my UNIVERSE. (And the universe is my hey suss).

mendoza said...

lol!!! YES! I didnt remember who took it cause that whole night was a blur! But yes, he was proposing to me all night and the champagne that we have was given to us by the bartender free tocelebrate our engagement!! haha. I wish you were here too! :/