Monday, March 14, 2011

not enough time! ahh!!!

I'm finding it very difficult, or should I say time consuming to work full time, take care of my home, have a social life and train like I want to. I am sleeping less as a result. I usually sleep 9-10 hours a night, now its more like 7-8, which is okay, but I would like more.

Cooking dinner and cleaning takes about two hours in total. I'm a vegetarian, so there's a lot of cleaning, peeling, chopping and slow simmering involved. I also bring the leftovers to work for lunch, so I have to put it in Tupperware. After that, I have to wipe everything down and wash and dry the dishes. IT TAKES FOREVER! I took for granted having my husband here. He did EVERYTHING!

I just took the garbage out (recycling!!!), and I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, but I think that was the first time I did that in my NYC LIFE!

Yesterday, after returning from a 4-mile run, I couldn't make a snack without cleaning the house, so I sweeped, cleaned the mirrors, tidy-upped the bathroom, and made the bed. I was starving by the time I was done, but I wanted everything to look beautiful and orderly, so I am forced to do it now.

I know I'm babbling on about all this being alone nonsense, but its the small things that I am realizing that need to get done that I never did before. I always lived with someone!

Now I come home and its a silent house, although I don't mind that too much, haha.

More soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you are now a housewife, minus the husband! It actually is very nice to come home to a quiet house sometimes. You will definitely miss him, that's for sure, but a little time to oneself is good for the soul :)

Enjoy this while it lasts. I did for a good 4 years :)

BTW, this is how I always feel!

Alex said...

dont worry my love, Ill be there soon!!!!

xo