Monday, March 14, 2011

our first property-- in the beginning stages

I'm so excited because my husband and I (formerly known as Spanish guy, what should I call him now on blogger?) is in the works of buying property in Spain. My husband is there now looking at places and talking to people and the great thing is one of our good friends is a lawyer so he'll help us for free!

It's so exciting to think of! We probably wont live there for the first year because we will be in NYC (I love my job and am not ready to leave it yet, plus I'm saving lots of money that will be helpful for the move), but its great that someone else can pay off our mortgage (especially after I was paying off someone else's for so long).

Aside from looking at property, my husband is also preparing for a government exam to have a life-time job as a teacher.

I'm so proud of him. It's so exciting to think of our future, and in case you're wondering, we've decided not to have kids, at least not for 6-8 more years. We don't want to ruin the unique flexibility of our relationship.

We just want to enjoy one another.

Happy, exciting times!

2 comments:

melp said...

Property! WOW! That is really amazing. You are on top of the world Chris! What a beautiful home you two will have. Maybe you should consider getting a housekeeper too... (response to your latest post) Lol.

Alex said...

yeah baby!!!

vamos a comprar una casa muy bonita, ya veras!!

I love you