Sunday, May 22, 2011

A huge moment as a teacher!

On Friday, my students and I had the amazing opportunity to interview a New York Times reporter (I blurred out his face to protect his identity). This was a unique opportunity and a huge accomplishment for me as a film teacher as well! To get a high profile person in a student made film is not only a huge accomplishment but it speaks to the importance of film making and to the topic of this film-- the foreclosure crisis. 

My High School students were extremely professional! They went in there, set up state of the art video equipment, spoke and organized with the PR person and filmed/conducted a smooth interview about the foreclosure crisis. I'M SO PROUD OF THEM! Afterwards we took a tour of the building and had an informal conversation in the NYT's cafeteria. Such an amazing afternoon it was. I hope to keep in contact with him.



No comments: