Sunday, June 19, 2011

A day to remember

I've been back in NYC for a year now after being in Spain for two years and there are some things that I've adapted to from the Spanish culture that I just love, one of which is having a Summer Wine, Tinto de Verano, during the summer months when I'm outside in the heat during a social event. 

Speaking of social events, this weekend was the annual Mermaid Parade at Coney Island. I tried to continue the Spanish way of socializing by inviting all my friends to enjoy the parade and have Summer Wine with me on the beach, but only one of them had interest. The cool thing is that while we were sitting at the beach bar, a group of about six international financial advisors came to our table to share with us and became our friends! That was really nice and unique. All in all the day was one of the best Coney Island experiences I've had. 

Definitely a time to remember!








Next year we want TO BE in this Parade!! :D

2 comments:

melp said...

Mermaid fun! And wow, you've had a LOT of Coney Island experiences so to say this was the best! It must have been GREAT! You are two pretty girls!

mendoza said...

:D