Friday, July 22, 2011

onward and upward-- another transition

When bad things happen to good-hearted people, that means that better things are on their way. I'm not just saying this to say it, it has been my experience through-out my whole life. Anytime I was down about something, better things came along, whether it was a better boyfriend, a better job, a better travel experience, a better friend. 

Out of every loss, I ultimately gained.

The bad things are actually blessings in disguise. There wasn't enough room for the better thing, so something had to be taken away.

So now, with the loss of my husband, I know that there was a reason for that.

So far, since he left, I've developed a great relationship with a long-lost friend of mine (I'm pretty sure that this happened because I let go of a negative friend in my life and this opened up a positive relationship for me). She is one of the nicest people ever and we have so many common interests! :) 



I've been offered a promotion at my job, instead of directing one program, I was offered a position to direct all of the programs (like an idiot, I was considering not taking it, because I thought there was a possibility that I would reunite with my husband, but that was just a dream, a fantasy). I'm now sure that I will take it. 

The next step is finding a life partner. I need time to heal, but soon I'll start going on dates to see whats out there. Its been seven years since I dated in NYC. The game has changed, I'm sure. Now I'm an adult with a lot more to offer. I've been in non-stop relationships since I was 23. This is going to be the first time I'm single in a long time. I'm not going to look, but I'm going to take any opportunity that is presented to me to meet someone new, you never know, they could be the one that I was waiting for!


I need to stay positive to get through this. But one thing is for sure, I'm moving on with my life and I'm open to anything!

ONWARD AND UPWARD- thats my motto.

2 comments:

melp said...

Chris! You are a DIRECTOR of a FILM INDUSTRY PROGRAM now! That is amazing! Congrats! And you will find a great life partner! Maybe at the Queens half marathon..!? You are my idol girl, keep it up!

Omoreno815 said...

<3 Aw I love it! Our friendship is awesome! I know I'm always guaranteed to laugh when we hang out. Honestly, its like therapy, lets keep it up. We are young and Fab and whatever is in our paths with men will be so why spend the time till then crying when we can be laughing it up. :)