Sunday, July 24, 2011

physical fitness, life time-lapse and layers

Click here to help me save lives
A lot has been happening recently. I feel like my whole life is like a time-lapse, speeding by, I'm living day-by-day/ non-stop. There are so many layers and elements to it. If you peel off the top layer, there are about 43 more layers that could be peeled before you get to another element. Each layer and element is an exciting new texture. I feel like I want to be in all of them at the same time, I want to do everything, I want to experience everything. Crazy. Most of my weekday evenings and weekends are taken up with physical activities. The summer time in NYC brings lots of opportunities to get active. 

Element # 11 Superficiality, I've been on my physical fitness game:

I've been going to my boxing class four times a week. Its one of the best classes that I've had in my life. Its non-stop hard core training by a professional. Its also cool because there are lots of beautiful nice people in the class and we all are forming great relationships. I also have one of my friends going with me, she's my ab partner.


I've been working towards training for the Queens Half Marathon which is next week. This morning I went on an eleven mile, (about 19K) run through Brooklyn, it was SO HOT and torturous, but when I was done (as always) I felt fabulous-- like I can accomplish ANYTHING! I felt absolutely amazing! I'm ready for next weeks 13.1 miler! BRING IT ON! 

Every weekend I try to make it to the beach to play paddleball with my girl. Yesterday we went and spent about an hour playing. Can you believe that its one of the only activities that makes my body sore?-- All that running after the ball, jumping up to hit it and squatting to pick it up really does a body good. Then we had a nice little swim. 

I've lost 15 pounds in four months. Not too shabby. I'm happy with the way I look, and more importantly, I am satisfied with my activity level and happiness factor. You have to love what you do otherwise you wont stick to it.

Here are before and after pictures! CRAZY!



and the time-lapse continues to play out...


Please donate to my marathon fund: 
Click here to donate now and help me save lives

No comments: