Thursday, July 28, 2011

Running

The five S's of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spiritbut the greatest of these is Spirit. -  And boy-oh-boy do I have some spirit in me!
--Ken Doherty


I'm beginning to mentally prepare for the QUEENS HALF MARATHON that will take place this Saturday morning. I'm focusing my mind and relaxing my body. I'll do an easy two-miler today, then take tomorrow for myself before the big day. (breath-in, breath-out). All of the training that I've done over the past three months is going to pay off now! I trust in my mind, my body and my soul. I have guts, and thast what I'm going to use to complete the 21K, 13.1 miles in Flushing Meadows Park!


“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” -- I've traveled a great distance, mentally and physically!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”  --This is with every area in life. I need to remember this.


Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare. -- Definitely true. Think about it.
-Japanese Proverb

GO MENDOZA GO!

No comments: