Sunday, July 31, 2011

MENDOZA HAS SOLE: Queens Half Marathon, 2011

Yesterday, after running for two hours and two minutes I crossed he finish line at Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, for the Queens Half Marathon. It felt GREAT, I was so proud of myself! I ran the best I could and I really enjoyed it. As my feet were hitting the pavement, I had time to really think about my life, and instead of thinking through and solving my problems as I normally do, I thought about how strong my body felt and how if I can accomplish this race then I can really accomplish anything in life and I also thought, I really have no problems right now, haha! 

I felt so blessed to have even made it that far to run for so long. I am constantly challenging my body and mind. You have to in order to keep the muscles working and the mind young.

It takes spirit!




1 comment:

melp said...

You are a RUNNER! Half marathon! Unstoppable Christine!