Tuesday, September 6, 2011

boogie boarding at the rockaways

Last year I went boogie boarding in Spain for the first time, and it was AWESOME! A whole year later, yesterday, I went again and it was just as AWESOME as before, BUT BETTER! Because there were HUGE waves, everyone had a boogie board and I was with experts! 

We went to a part of Rockaway Beach that is only for surfers and boogie boarders, so we were immediately part of the community! :D

There were six of us and we all went in, fighting the fury of the waves and flipping our fins. My friend was helping me and teaching me and I caught some good ones! They taught me that the wind speed determines how consistent the waves are. Yesterday it was 20-25MPH winds, so the waves didn't take us to the shore, so when you catch them, you only go half way, then go back out and do it again.

It was so nice, I wish I've been doing this all summer!

I decided that this winter I will become a SNOW BOARDER!






afterwards, we enjoyed some sangria on the boardwalk, a perfect ending to a perfect day in NYC. ahhh...



1 comment:

Dream Seeker said...

wow...and the first time was with me...yeah. i am super excited u went again. i had so much fun doing it w u. cant wait to do so again.