Tuesday, September 6, 2011

love, life, summer and sadness

The world works in mysterious ways. Although so many terrible things were happening in my life this summer: my marriage ending, my mothers illness, and preparing to move, 
the universe kept me safe and happy.

I know that there's still three more weeks of summer, officially, 
but I want to reflect on my summer so far.

I made so many new friends, my stomach hurt everyday because of all the laughing fits I had! 
SO FUNNY!

I did things I never thought I would: kayaked in the East River. Took a road trip 11 hours away, alone. Went to Miami, twice! Drifted along the Delaware River. Spent a few days in the Hamptons, SWAM- PARTIED- LOVED- DANCED- HUGGED- SLEPT- ENJOYED THE SUN- PARTIED TIL THE SUN CAME UP- SPENT TIME WITH FAMILY- SAW MY GRANDMOTHER- SKIPPED- RAN A HALF MARATHON- RAN SHORT RACES- BBQED- ROLLERBLADED- RODE MY BIKE- AND LOVED LIKE I NEVER LOVED BEFORE.

I also survived a hurricane! WOW!



Although I have been sad because of everything that has been happening, I am so proud of myself for staying positive.  There were so many devastations in my life the past three months, I could have just given up, melted away into the universe and wallowed in my sorrows. Instead, I continued on, I went out, I exercised, I spent time with loved ones and I never missed a day of work because of my sadness.

If I can get through all of this, I can get through anything in life! I will persevere and I will continue to live my life to the fullest! People have tried to knock me down, people have done some horrible things to me, BUT I AM NOT A VICTIM, I AM A HAPPY SOUL. Nothing can keep me down unless I let it.

On to a fabulous Autumn, hopefully with a new boyfriend and more unique experiences! ;-)

2 comments:

deb mills said...

i enjoyed reading some of your posts. you're a very busy girl, lol. i envy your travels and your energy. thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. hope you have a great autumn!

mendoza said...

Thank you! Enjoy your Autumn season as well!