Friday, September 30, 2011

Bridge training, Brooklyn to Manhattan & Back

I ran the NYC Bridges yesterday. From Sunset Park down along 3rd avenue to the Manhattan Bridge over the river (and through the woods-- sorry, I had to, lol) into Manhattan. Then through Chinatown to downtown. Over the Brooklyn Bridge into Brooklyn, through Cobble Hill, and back to the hood. Nice LONG TOUGH run!

The feeling I got as I was running up the incline was incredible. I was thinking of the people that passed away from cancer and how they will be with me during the marathon. I also thought of the magnificence around me, the environment, and how I'm healthy enough and in good enough shape to be able to even run at all. I teared up about three times along the way...

I don't know, I guess I was just sad and inspired at the same time. I had my iPhone and was snapping shots along the way. Here's my documentation:








1 comment:

Dream Seeker said...

wow...ur training in such cool places. almost like running next to the mediterrean sea...i love it. good luck on ur marathon