Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day and Society

Valentines day was special, as its always been for me. 

Everyone always says that you have to show love all year round and that it shouldn't be just on valentines day (blah blah blah), yes, it should be all year long, (if its only one day a year you need to re-evaluate your relationship), but its special because this is the one day a year that everyone is planning and making their partner feel special as a society, as a world. I think its beautiful that we have one day a year in which the majority of  couples celebrate and appreciate each other TOGETHER (yeah its a shame that people jack up prices on most things, but thats a side effect of the mass love). For the ones that don't celebrate because they believe its a hallmark holiday, those are the people that I think have a chip on their shoulders, but hey, to each his own. We complain when we collectively do bad things (like war) and complain when we do good things as a society. With some people, you can never win.

I used to question everything... now I just appreciate the traditions and use them as a meaningful way to connect in a special way to my partner and my community.

It was beautiful to see so many men walking through the streets with flowers in their hands. Im sure their partners had an even bigger smile on their faces.

As for me:
We celebrated in the house, making home-made mini pizzas together and chatting. Spanish guy bought me a Flamenco DRESS and red carnations! I was SO HAPPY, I wanted a Spanish dress for so long! :D





No comments: