Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer vacations

I'm on vacation right now. I'm on my 4th day in- with two more weeks to go. I've decided to split my vacation in half this year. The first week I'm going to do things that I've always wanted to do in NYC, and the second part of it, I'm going traveling and visiting people around the USA. So far, I've filmed for a TLC Reality Show (hehe), I've taken a figure sketching class at The Art Studio in Manhattan, and I have a painting class next week where I'm going to leave with a masterpiece! I've always LOVED art. It feeds my soul and to do it in my own neighborhood, with wine, its fabulous! I'm reading a book, "Spontaneous Happiness" by Andrew Weil, MD as well. It talks about what really makes us happy and the history of Depression in the USA. Its quite interesting and I cant put it down. Yesterday, Spanish Guy and I sat in the park, under a tree, with a nice breeze and I read my book and he read his. It was so peaceful, and I felt so at ease.

On Wednesday I went rowing through the Hudson River, That was SO adventurous! The waves were pretty strong, and the ladder to get to the boat was slippery and thin. I thought I might die, but it was nice once I got on the boat!




Tomorrow I'll be taking a ferry from Manhattan to a nature reserve to bike ride, swim in the ocean and have a picnic. I need it, my soul needs it.

Also on my list:

  • Paddle Boarding
  • Tennis
  • Read another book
  • Lots of sleep
  • Re-design my bedroom
  • Visit my mom
  • See friends
  • Cook new foods/recipes

I'm taking this vacation to really explore my interests, become healthier, and feed my soul. So far, so good.

My art:


I've had visitors as well, my BFF was in NYC. LOVED it! We did the whole MeatPacking District/Rooftop Bar thing! PERFECT!

MORE SOON!

No comments: