Tuesday, September 4, 2012

a speed run in the rain

It's a rainy day in NYC today.

Its warm rain, the kind thats not a big bother, but instead a relief from the humidity. As I stepped outside of my house, running shoes laced up, and sweat band tight around my forehead, the drops began to fall. I continued on; I ran through the empty park, the air was so fresh, and my breath was deep and heavy.

I was running fast, race pace actually.

I sped by everyone in front of me. My form was mint.

As I approached the end of the 2 mile run, I felt great. I didn't need to do more, the refreshing weather and speed was all I needed to increase my velocity for my next race.

Its rare that I feel good during a speed run. I'm happy about that. Maybe it was the weather, but I'd like to think that it was my perseverance.

Five weeks, the Staten Island Half Marathon. Here I go.

1 comment:

Alex said...

You are going to ROCK your next race!! GO AHEAD BOO BOO!!