Friday, October 26, 2012

internal and external travel

Life is about growth, personal experience and interactions. The way thats projected/played out in my life is through travel-- mostly. I don't ever want to get to a place in my life where I become stagnant, where I stop growing. I feel that I went through that as a teenager. Everyday was similar to the last and it was hard for me to see tomorrow. So I've decided to put the house buying on hold for another year so that Spanish guy and I don't have to sacrifice our travels (or his sports adventures) for a downpayment.

So our Spanish, North African trip is booked for February. As is our December beach getaway to the Dominican Republic, and in January I'm so excited because my friend is turning 30 and she's celebrating in Las Vegas! I've never been, but I hear its a wild place and I cant wait to go!

All of these trips create a sense of purpose for me, my internal level of excitement is elevated just thinking about them. My sense of anticipation is so strong!

In the meantime, in reference to my house situation, I'm in one of the best neighborhoods in NYC, so I'm going to focus on fixing up our apartment and making it my own-- a cozy "escape", so that I feel comfortable traveling internally, with my own thoughts as well as into the world!

Me, 2008, cross the Mediterranean Sea in route to Melilla, North Africa

No comments: