Thursday, January 10, 2013

BOOTCAMP

I began bootcamp a few months ago. I know its a trend now and all the celebrities are doing it, blah blah blah, I don't care about that. I've always been into outdoor workouts or have combined them with my gym workouts because breathing deep in a gym day-after-day cant be sanitary. For the last few months I've been going to a high intensity bootcamp during the evening hours, after work, but recently I've switched to the crack of dawn classes, and little did I know, it was a workout fit for beasts!

I wake up at 6am, three days a week, and start the class as the sun is rising. Its quite beautiful but hard to enjoy when you have an 150 lb woman on your back and you have to run up and down a hill five times. Its also hard to enjoy the man playing the saxophone and the cool breeze when you're lunging off a park bench and doing dead-lifts, and its extremely hard to enjoy the light reflecting off the lake when you're doing a backwards crab crawl with a gallon of water on your torso. But its worth it. 

I dont follow trends, I do what I do for myself because I enjoy it.

because I want to maintain my appearance.

and most importantly, 

because I want to breath easy and be healthy.

So as I take a break from racing, I'll spend my winter mornings getting a head start on the day and developing my body.


1 comment:

Alex said...

ole my deportista!!