Friday, January 11, 2013

The importance of GRATITUDE

"Consistently expressing Sincere and heartfelt gratitude for what you already have is the underlying and often overlooked force which opens doors to immeasurable abundance and happiness."
I learned that this was the truth when I started reflecting on my life over eight years ago through daily journal writing and it just got better when I started blogging. From there on I was able to thank people through emails, in person, through texts, through present giving, etc. I've become a much happier person.

I am so grateful and thankful for every single thing, person and experience I am having right now. I'm getting so much from my co-workers, friends, husband and people I meet in the journey. They make me laugh, they challenge my thoughts, and they help me become a better person.

I am so thankful for all the things I have, an apartment, clothes, and a job which I love going to everyday. Its an added bonus that I get paid, because I would do it for free! I don't have much in terms of furniture, clothes, no car, I don't own a house, but I am exactly where I need to be with everything I need in life. 

I appreciate every experience I have. Wether its a short subway ride to work, my bootcamp class in the mornings, dinner with a childhood friend, a long European vacation, big or small, I cherish every single experience. I love when I can share them with people and when other people open up their lives so that I can share in their special moments.

I wanted to put my love and appreciation out there in the world, maybe it will become contagious! 


2 comments:

Alex said...

A lot of people should read this and then think about them and their lives. The world would be so much better if more people thought this. Muy bonito y profundo boobita!!!

Besos perlona!

mendoza said...

You are so sweet! Thank you! I agree! <3