Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nurturing Ourselves

In my last blog I spoke about the exterior transformation that I was going through and how it made my life better. I'd like to take a moment to talk about my interior transformation (or path) as well, because when we have a fusion of both exterior and interior wellness, we are fully okay.

I've learned many lessons during my life, some the hard way through pain, and rejection, and others on lifes' path through smaller interactions with others. Some almost destroyed me, but each time I got back up and came out even happier than I was before, and it was because of my action, not reaction.

This past week I found myself alone, surrounded by lots of people, but alone. The only comfort I had was my phone, and I texted away, while the world passed me by. Between my text messages I thought and thought and analyzed, and thought some more... I figured out what I had been feeling and doing for the past few months, and it wasn't good for me. I wasn't being treated the way I wanted to be treated, my soul wasn't dancing like it used to.

So I took a step back and gave myself some time to think about things. I wrote in my journal, I went running, I took long coffee breaks, I took extra time each morning to take care of myself. I lotioned my skin after each long warm bath I took, I snuck in naps whenever I could, I wore loose fitting clothes to feel more comfortable, I hugged people a lot closer and longer, and I smiled at strangers... I began to feel better.

Its easy to get caught up in a path of destruction, or be made to feel like something is wrong with you, but its how we react to those things that keep us well, not only on the outside, but on the inside as well.

Lets all learn to nurture ourselves and cope/ problem-solve in a way that feeds our soul and makes us well. Because its not all about how we take care of our physical appearance, its our wellbeing that needs attention as well. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE sent to you all!

2 comments:

Nanyi M. said...

That's so true, sometimes uncontrolable things happens to us, we have to build trough them.

Your blog inspires me :)

mendoza said...

Aww, yes, you're right, it makes us stronger! Thank you! :)