Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spanish media covering elections

So I woke up at 7am today to head to work (1am NYC time). In the car, every radio station was covering the American elections. I got to work and all my coworkers were speaking to me about it, some that I've never spoken to before about anything. They were happy to speak to an American about it. I get home at 3pm, put the news on, every channel is covering the election again. The difference between American & Spanish media is that Spanish media is not as serious! the news had a man dressed as as a KKK clan member saying he is voting for Obama, lol (it was a hoax) but that would NEVER happen in the US unless it was SNL!

Anyway, I'm excited to be a part of this historic day and experience the elections from a foreign country. Its interesting to see how much American politics are part of their lives, more so than most Americans I think. It's sad!

The blogs will continue coming!

No comments: