Wednesday, November 24, 2010

giving thanks

So its that time of year again where we think about all that we are grateful for. This time of year is no different from the rest of the year for me in terms of my thought process. I occasionally think about why I feel I am blessed, but theres something about having it all typed out and pretty like this:

  • I'm grateful for the opportunity to engage in different activities: dance classes, boxing classes, and being able to sign up for races all around NYC
  • I'm grateful for my friends of course and especially this year where I am spending time with them and am able to just send a text or make a call whenever I like, unlike the past few years where I was out of the country and had to do it via email or facebook.
  • I'm grateful for my dad. We are spending so much more time together and speaking on the phone almost everyday. He is turning out to be one of my favorite people in the world!
  • I am grateful that I have a passionate, intelligent, educated, handsome, sporty, sophisticated fiance that doesn't smoke, do drugs, stay out all night, or ever disrespect me. He is perfect in every way possible, and I found him on my journey around the world.
  • This may sound superficial, but its really not. I am so grateful to have the financial means to live on my own, pay for a wedding and save up money at the same time. This is all due to the passion and drive that I had in the past 10 years, not only graduating High School when many people said I wouldn't, but going on to get all A's during undergrad and then traveling around the world and getting a masters degree. In addition, I'm also grateful that my fiance, although he is not from this country and wasn't educated here found a fabulous job within his first week in NYC, especially in this bad economy.
  • I am grateful to myself for being and staying healthy, keeping a healthy diet and really taking care of my body and soul because when I am healthy and happy the people that are around me are too.
Happy thanksgiving everyone.
2010!
(more blogs to come on Thanksgiving 2010 in NYC!)


No comments: