Sunday, December 26, 2010

The 2010 Boxing Day Blizzard.

After living in Northern Ireland for a year, I'm familiar with Boxing Day, but many Americans aren't. Boxing day is December 26th and is celebrated in the United Kingdom. Its an official bank holiday where people relax, eat and watch sports.

Spanish guy and I jumped at the opportunity to celebrate. We went to a local bar had some Guinness and ate free mashed potatoes (They had meat too, but we don't eat that nastiness). It was nice. We watched English soccer and made friends with the locals.

Then we made our way to Prospect Park. The park I grew up in! Every winter for my whole life me and my family or friends went up there to sled, and this year I had the honor of showing my fiance from Spain what I've done over the past 29 years. It was so special. He loved it. I was so tired by the time we were done, but he wanted to keep on going.

I guess its because hes from a beach, so it was interesting for him to be in the snow. He's never experienced it like today before. It was a blizzard out there! We couldn't even see!







1 comment:

Alex said...

thank you por el boxing day tan bueno que pase baby!!!

I love you!!!